Are you a law graduate looking for an exciting opportunity to work with the Supreme Court of India? The Supreme Court of India is inviting applications for Judicial Clerkship 2024. This prestigious position offers a unique chance to gain valuable experience and contribute to the legal profession. In this article, we will provide you with all the essential details about this opportunity, including eligibility criteria, selection process, and how to apply.
About the Opportunity
The Supreme Court of India is seeking approximately 90 candidates for engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Associates on a short-term contractual assignment. The selected candidates will be responsible for assisting the judges in legal research and drafting judgments. This assignment is initially for the term 2024-2025, with a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 80,000/- per month.
To be eligible for the Judicial Clerkship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Law Graduate: You must have a Bachelor's degree in Law from any recognized institution in India. Integrated degree courses in Law are also acceptable.
- Age Limit: You must be at least 20 years old and not more than 32 years old as of 15th February 2024.
- Research and Analytical Skills: You should possess excellent research and analytical skills, along with the ability to retrieve information from various legal databases.
- Writing Abilities: Strong writing abilities are essential for this position.
- Computer Skills: You should be proficient in using computers and familiar with search engines and legal research tools.
The selection process for the Judicial Clerkship consists of three phases:
- Multiple Choice Based Questions: The first phase will test your ability to understand and apply the law, as well as your comprehension skills.
- Subjective Written Examination: The second phase will assess your writing and analytical skills.
- Interview: In the final phase, selected candidates will be called for an interview.
For detailed information about the pattern of the examination and minimum qualifying standards, refer to the "Scheme of Engaging Law Clerk-cum Research Associates on Short-Term Contractual Assignment in the Supreme Court of India - January 2024" available on the official website of the Supreme Court of India.
How to Apply
To apply for the Judicial Clerkship, follow these steps:
- Online Registration: Visit the official website of the Supreme Court of India and fill out the online application form.
- Application Fee: Pay the application/test fee of Rs. 500/- plus bank charges, if applicable, through the online payment gateway provided by UCO Bank.
- Submission: Submit your application online before the deadline, which is 15th February 2024.
Please note that no postal applications will be accepted.
Make a note of the following important dates related to the Judicial Clerkship:
- Starting Date for Online Registration: 25th January 2024
- Last Date for Online Registration: 15th February 2024
- Written Examination Date: 10th March 2024
- Model Answer Keys: Uploaded on the website at 12:00 Noon on 11th March 2024 and available for objections until 12th March 2024.
Choice of Test Centre
The written examination will be conducted in two sessions at twenty-three centers across India. The test centers include Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, and Visakhapatnam. There will be a break provided to candidates between the two sessions. Please note that the number of test centers may vary based on the number of applications received.
Selected candidates for the Judicial Clerkship will receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 80,000/- per month. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience and enhance your legal career.
If you are a law graduate looking for an exciting opportunity to work with the Supreme Court of India, don't miss out on the Judicial Clerkship 2024. This short-term contractual assignment offers a chance to contribute to the legal profession and gain valuable experience. Make sure to check the eligibility criteria and follow the application process mentioned on the official website of the Supreme Court of India. Apply before the deadline of 15th February 2024 and take the first step towards a rewarding legal career.
For the latest updates on legal opportunities, visit legalstix law school.