The Faculty of Law at Kurukshetra University is proud to announce the 1st National Moot Court Competition 2024, scheduled to take place from 29th February to 2nd March 2024. This prestigious event provides a platform for law students from across the country to showcase their skills and knowledge in the field of advocacy and legal research. Organized by a renowned institution with a rich history, the competition promises to be an enriching and rewarding experience for all participants.
About the Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law at Kurukshetra University is committed to providing quality legal education and fostering excellence in the field. With programs such as LL.B. (3 Years), B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) 5-Year Integrated Course, LL.M. (2 Years), and Ph.D., the faculty offers a comprehensive range of courses to cater to the diverse needs of aspiring legal professionals.
Since its establishment, the Faculty of Law has been led by renowned and eminent scholars who have contributed significantly to the field of law. Many of its alumni have gone on to become judges of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and High Courts, judicial magistrates, legal officers, ministers, speakers of Vidhan Sabha, members of legislative assembly, vice-chancellors of universities, professors, bureaucrats, ADAs, and professionals in law firms and multinational companies.
Eligibility and Team Composition
The competition is open to students pursuing either an integrated 5-year LL.B. program or a 3-year LL.B. program from a recognized university or institution approved by the Bar Council of India. Each team participating in the competition must consist of a maximum of three members, with two "Mooters" and one "Researcher." Alternatively, a team may have two "Mooters," with one of them designated as the researcher as well. A team can have a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. Please note that only one team is allowed to participate from each college, law school, or institution.
To ensure a smooth registration process, it is crucial to keep track of the important dates associated with the competition. Here is a list of essential dates to remember:
- 23rd November 2023: Release of brochure & Moot Proposition
- 25th January 2024: Last date of registration & fee payment
- 27th January 2024: Last date to seek clarifications
- 31st January 2024: Release of Clarification
- 10th February 2024: Last date to submit soft copy of memorials
- 15th February 2024: Last date to submit hard copy of memorials
- 29th February 2024: Inaugural ceremony, draw of lots & exchange of memorials
- 1st March 2024: Preliminary Round 1 & 2 and Quarter Finals
- 2nd March 2024: Semi-Final Round
- 29th February 2024: Researcher?s test
- 2nd March 2024: Final Round
- 2nd March 2024: Chief Guest Address, Cultural event & Prize distribution ceremony